List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] status of custom fields in kaddressbook & kpilot
From:       Gour <gour () mail ! inet ! hr>
Date:       2004-07-04 11:08:50

Joern Ahrens (kde@jokele.de) wrote:

> > Thank you for the info. I 'patched' & re-emerged (I'm on Gentoo) my
> > kdepim-3.2.3 sources and everything works, so far :-)
>
> great

Oops..I've just noticed that if I change something within Kpilot's Address
Viewer (Edit Record), it's not synced neither with the Pilot, nor with Kaddress
book. Is it a bug or non-existing feature?

> > Now, if we would be able to customize i.e. replace kaddress' URL & IM
> > fields with the Pilot's Custom one's :-(
>
> Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about. Can you explain it in more
> detail ?

Well, In Kontact, Contact app has the following fields for a contact in a
General Tab:

a) URL
b) IM address

What I'd like to be able to do is to map Pilot's Custom fields (2,3,4) on some
custom-izable Kontact field(s),  and change the field label, let's say:

a) Custom2 <--> mylabel1
b) Custom3 <--> mylabel2

..something which is provided for Birtdate <--> Custom1 field.

At the moment, one can only map Custom field to Birthdate,URL or IM, but cannot
change the field label, or am I missing something?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour			| gour@mail.inet.hr