List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] kandy can't communicate with mobile phone.
From:       Bernhard Holzmayer <Holzmayer.Bernhard () Foerstergroup ! de>
Date:       2004-06-29 13:08:36

Hi.

Is this mailing-list for kandy issues, too? I guess so...

My problem:
kandy can't communicate with my mobile phone.
It's a Siemens MC60, connected via USB->serial adapter (PL2303 device)
Device is /dev/ttyUSB0. Via minicom I can execute all of the AT... commands.
scmxx -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -i provides a list of mobile parameters as expected.

When I launch kandy, it cannot talk to the mobile.
It fails during the first issued command although it told "connected" before.
It does lock the device, however - which means it works on the correct device.

Problem occurs on different installations, with one being  kandy V 0.3 on kde 3.0.0,
the other kandy V 0.6 on KDE 3.1.5.

Does anybody know a solution or workaround for this problem?

Any hints, ideas, solutions, workarounds are welcome.

Bernhard