List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KOrganizer
From:       Jürgen_Nagel <juergen () nagel ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2004-06-10 15:46:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Montag, 7. Juni 2004 14:54 schrieb Marino Assarsson:
> Hi!
>
> I'm just starting to use KOrganizer, which seems to be a very nice program,
> but one question:
>
> I would like to have a pop-up-window to remind for a meeting or a
> phonecall, but I can't find how to do this.
> I've found that I'm able to mark "Reminder" but when the time comes for my
> meeting/phonecall nothing is happening.
> I've also found that I'm able to set a signal och start a program, but this
> I really don't understand how to use (cant find any sounds, and don't know
> which program to use).
> My which is to only mark "Reminder" and nothing else, and then be sure that
> there will be a window (or something else) who pop-up and remind me, also
> good if it is possible to delay this pop-up-reminder for example 5 minutes.
> So it appears automaticly again after 5 minutes. (Good for example if it
> reminds me of a phonecall, and the person I call is occupied, then I want
> to try again in 5 minutes...)
>
> I hope you understand how I mean.
>
> - Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
> Marino Assarsson
> Fønix Musik Sweden

Hi Marino,

the scenario you describe can be solved by KAlarm.
KAlarm allows you to enter a reminder and display a text message, e.g. "Call
the boss for a salary increase" ;).
At the specified time a dialog box will appear, giving you the opportunity to
postpone the reminder.

Regards, Juergen

--
Linux pc-jan 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 #4 Tue May 18 22:17:57 CEST 2004 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) XP 2100+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux