List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] HotSync is disabled while the screen is locked.
From:       Martin Stubenschrott <stubenschrott () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-04-28 18:50:24

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 17:53, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > thanks for the quick clarification, I was not sure _which_ screen (my
> > palm's screen or my computer's screen) should be locked.
>
> I'll try to clarify the wording on that message.
Thanks, and I would also add the text, that adding "ScreenlockSecure=false" to
the config file helps, because there's no way to find this setting without
this hint.
BTW: Why aren't such options, where there is no gui, in the *rc files? I know
this is not a kpilot thing, but a general usability issue, which all KDE apps
suffer from.

> It's the default value of "true" that's getting to you. And of course
> there's no GUI to configure it at all right now. Anyway, the solution is to
> add
>
> 	ScreenlockSecure=false
>
> to the [General] section of kpilotrc, which is probably at
> ~/.kde/share/config/kpilotrc.

Thanks, that helped :)

--
Martin