List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] kmail and new mail
From:       rh <reg.hughson () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2004-04-24 18:54:06

I have fetchmail retrieving my mail from a pop account, delivering it to
procmail which distributes it to the appropriate maildir directories. Mail is
arriving as it should. However, whenever I start kMail, it does not
automatically show me which folders have new mail unless I 'click' on each
folder. Obviously, this is a bit inconvient if you have to click on each of
your 30 folders (or more) just to see if you have any new mail.

Also, similairily, if I leave kMail open, how do I get it to rescan the
folders once in a while to check for new mail thats been delivered. I was
using balsa for a bit and it had a rescan feature that worked for this
situation but I don't see a similiar function in kMail.

My searches for an answer have found all kinds of complaints about the same
thing but no answers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thx.