List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Re: Printing attached message in KMail
From:       Tom Emerson <osnut () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2004-04-24 17:26:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 24 April 2004 9:26 am, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Saturday 24 April 2004 18:18, Tom Emerson wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 April 2004 7:56 am, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> > > [...] Does anyone know how such an attached message can be
> > > printed in KMail?
> >
> > Ummm... Upgrade?  [...] version 1.6, and when clicking messages to bring
> > them up in their own window, that window has a toolbar w/print
> > action.  Unfortunately, that also prints the spamassasin intro/header
> > -- there doesn't seem to be a way to print just the attachment.
>
> Actually, you can also simply click on the attached message. Then the
> attached message will be opened in a message window and can then be
> printed. This is with the current development version, but I think it
> should also work this way in KMail 1.6.

"click on the attached message" where?  When I double-click on the primary
message in the main subject pane, it opens a window w/toolbar and a component
tree [main part, attachment, etc.] single clicking on items in the tree view
does bring them "to focus" in the main part of the window, but printing
(according to the preview) goes back to printing the full message, not "just
the attachment".

oh, wait -- I just found it -- clicking ON THE WORD(s) "ENCAPSULATED MESSAGE"
is what brings up a second window -- I was clicking the empty white part of
the title area of the encapsulated part, which would only highlight the word
"message" (I also clicked and right-clicked various other parts of the
"encapsulated" area with no luck; I never thought to actually click on the
word(s) themselves till now...)

--
Top o' the Blog: Google Nirvana gone bye-bye?
http://osnut.homelinux.net/mtblog/ya_index.html