List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Printing attached message in KMail
From:       Tom Emerson <osnut () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2004-04-24 16:18:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 24 April 2004 7:56 am, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> KMail 3.1.1
> SuSE 8.2

Hmmm... I imagine "3.1.1" is actually the version of KDE, not Kmail -- 1.5 or
1.4 would be a more likely version of kmail

> I have an email that was incorrectly classified as spam by Spamassassin.
> Because of this, the message (html) is now an attachment. [...]
> The problem is that there is no way to print this message [...]
> Does anyone know how such an attached message can be printed in KMail?

Ummm... Upgrade?  I've just upgraded KDE to 3.2(.2) recently, which brings
kmail up to version 1.6, and when clicking messages to bring them up in their
own window, that window has a toolbar w/print action.  Unfortunately, that
also prints the spamassasin intro/header -- there doesn't seem to be a way to
print just the attachment.

HOWEVER, you should be able to do a "save as" to save the message itself as a
plain text file, which you can open in any editor, strip out the headers, and
print just the part you're interested in.
--
Top o' the Blog: Google Nirvana gone bye-bye?
http://osnut.homelinux.net/mtblog/ya_index.html