List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KPilot causes PC crash after Sync
From:       "Claus C. Vormann" <CCVormann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-04-19 17:43:48

Hi Adrian,

On Sunday 18 April 2004 16:48, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Saturday 17 April 2004 20:07, Claus C. Vormann wrote:
> > If I did it correctly, it did also cause a crash. What puzzles me is,
> > that the system did not crash right from the beginning. The first month,
> > or so, I did not have any probs. If it is a hardwhere problem, it should
> > always have existed, shouldn't it?
>
> The problems may get worse over time, and whatever kernel-of-the-week is in
> use may trigger it. But let's get this straight: doing a backup with
> pilot-xfer _also_ crashes your machine? Definite hardware problem - try
> another USB port or another group of USB ports.

I retried it with pilot-xfer and ensured that kpilot was not running in the
back. This did not cause a chrash. At least the two times I tried it. When I
tried it before, I was not sure, whether the deamon was running and so the
deamon was used instead of pilot-xfer. If this is possible, I know too little
about what is going on "behind the surface".

> Known issue, see bugft:kpilot timezone.

If I understood the bug report # 74221 correctly, the problem seems to be
fixed?! Is it sufficient to update Kpilot with the tarballs provided at the
homepage?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

	Claus

--
Eine E-Mail von: Claus Christian Vormann
		 CCVormann@CCVau.de