List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Re: OpenPGP
From:       Wolfgang Spaniol <w.spaniol () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-04-16 21:41:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Montag, 12. April 2004 12:57 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> In SuSE 9.0 this seems to have been changed. There's
> now /etc/X11/xdm/sys.xsession which is started in case the user doesn't
> have an .xsession script. In this file there's already usegpg="yes".
> So, since you don't have an .xsession script gpg-agent should already
> be started. Please check whether gpg-agent is running, e.g. with 'ps
> ux', and check whether GPG_AGENT_INFO is set correctly with 'echo
> $GPG_AGENT_INFO'.

gpg-agent is running, ps ux says
ws        1921  0.0  0.2  2244  744 ?        S    21:31   0:00 gpg-agent
--daemon --no-detach --keep-display /bin/bash /home/ws/.xinitrc

echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO says
/tmp/gpg-U8QxIM/S.gpg-agent:1921:1

But now the signing works directly (without the clipboard). I don't
understand why, but a window pops up an I can fill in my mantra.

> Please note that I don't really know how starting X works. [ ... ]

Please note that I don't really understand many things about my computer.
But I like my Linux and my KDE a little bit and I would like to thank you
for your help.

Yours
Wolfgang

--
      Wolfgang Spaniol, Geisenheim (Deutschland)
         +49 (0)6722 64990  w.spaniol@gmx.net