List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Re: importing from KMail 1.4 to KMail 1.5
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-15 22:51:45

On Thursday 15 January 2004 22:04, Steve Cohen wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2004 1:41 pm, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 January 2004 14:50, Steve Cohen wrote:
> > > Is it possible to import KMail 1.4 emails into KMail 1.5 and if
> > > so, how?
> >
> > Simply copy ~/Mail and ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc from your old
> > computer to your new computer.
>
> Thanks.
>
> But I don't want to REPLACE the mail on the new computer, which after
> a few days has some items I need to keep but to merge them.  Does
> your advice still hold given this?

Okay, that's a bit more difficult. In this case you should move all
messages which you want to keep to a new temporary folder that didn't
exist on the old computer. Then close KMail and delete everything in
~/Mail that's not related to this temporary folder. Now copy the
contents of ~/Mail and the old kmailrc from your old computer to your
new computer. After starting KMail the next time you can move the
messages from the temporary folder to the correct folders and remove
the temporary folder.

Regards,
Ingo