List:       kde3alpha
Subject:    [Kde3alpha] KDE3 and AA
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-11-30 20:33:35

Hi

First: AA works in KDE2. For KDE3 I have the lines
[KDE]
AntiAliasing=true
in $KDEHOME/share/config/kdegobals. I *also* have
useXft=true
in $HOME/.qt/qtrc
But in KDE3 AA is just not working. I have checked the "Use Anti-Aliasing for
fonts and icons" checkbox in KControl, but it's still not working. I first
thought this was a temporary problem but after a lot of updates (I'm usually
using CVS from some days ago) it's still there.

Now the really strange part:
If I start an app, e.g. konqueror from the konsole I *have* anti-aliasing!
Just not if I start it from kicker, the desktop, the K-Menu or something like
this.

I have made an rm -rf /opt/kde3 as well as I moved my $kDEHOME and started my
configs from scratch. I also swtiched to another (completely new - i.e.
clean) username. Same effect.

Any hints on this? I do not know any further :-(
I'm using Debian Woody with a quite recent KDE CVS

CU
Andi