List:       kde-zine
Subject:    Re: [Kde-zine] in reply to Andreas
From:       Darian Lanx <content () openprojects ! net>
Date:       2001-07-12 18:37:22

Hello

Well the XML spezifikation, along with the tags we require is in the XML
module in the CVS. if you want, I can send you the XML module, since
anonymous checkout is for some odd reaosn broken right now.

Dirk and I, along with Herve decided not to use a databse backend. There is
no need to add additional overhead using a databse deamon, for that our turn
around is far too low. We have about 20 days static data and then in the 10
days when we tag the new release and generate the html the data gets moved.
We decided it is faster and more secure to leave everything on the hard disk
and do not put another "mediator" between data storage and publishing
"system".

Furthermore, it would not be smart for us to put the data into a database
now, it would make porting a whole lot harder on us. Then rather do it in
simple HTML.

Futhermore I do not think a zine which gets published monthly is interesting
to naybody if it only has 2 articles. Every publication of the zine should
have at least 10 artilces, of course some might not be very long, but at
least a different topic is covered. Gathering 10 articles within 20 days or
even 25 shoudl be doable. If not, cut that number down to 5 or 6, yet 2 is
far too less imho.

Anyways.
From aporting point of view, static HTML is the easiest to deal with.
-d