List:       kde-zine
Subject:    Re: [Kde-zine] Participation
From:       Darian Lanx <content () openprojects ! net>
Date:       2001-07-04 20:40:43

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 00:01, info@sxam.de wrote:
> Hello,

Hello ;)
> I'm an 18 year old Linuxfan from Germany who wants to join the Kde Team in
> his free time. I'm skilled in C/C++ - Programming (C-preferred)and I'm good
> in writing articles.
That sounds very good ;) Right now we are trying to write a backend for the
KDE zine. That means we are trying to put our XML via XSD and XSLT into
readable formats. Someone offered to write a front end to the chosen fulltext
search engine, called www.namazu.org in php, but I do nto know if he is still
aboard.
It sounds very good what you are offering, for we will need some people to
develop custom tools for the KDE zine, such as i18n solutions that work with
gettext on out XML document. (getxml) from freshmeat is an example.
> May I can first start as a debugger for some apps or
> projects?
Of course, right now we ar eint he process of moving our CVS repository, but
you can try to have a look at aour backend and XML if you want to
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@bero.org:/cvs/zine login (then hit enter) then cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs@bero.org:/cvs/zine co xml and you can have fun looking at
the stuiff we have so far,
> Please send me, if you want, some possible jobs or ask more about
> me...
Well, it is really up to you. we need those to write custom tools or help out
with the backend, what are you most comfortable with ?
-d

--
Nisi Defectum Haud Reficindium