List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: KDE BUG SYSTEM
From:       "Chris Fordham" <chris () xhost ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-04-23 13:41:21

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:31:11 +1000, Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 April 2008 05:12:41 Chris Fordham wrote:
>> i guess thats your opinion
>
> It also happens to be how we generally work: We are friendly and
> patient. Your
> reaction, while seemingly coming from a KDE webmaster was inappropriate,
> not
> only by my personal opinion, but also by standards we handle for a long
> time.
You are good at speaking for others to which i'm not sure the relevence.
Please provide a reference to these standards you speak of so I can abide.

>> im not sure how this gives linux a bad name, by having a sense of
>> humour,
>> but i guess your're entitled to think so
>
> I don't see the humour in that. Humour happens to be very culturally
> dependent, so we should be careful with that. You're just not taking the
> person who emailed serious, and your email did nothing to move forward
> with
> this unfortunate case. In those cases, it's often better to say nothing.
Of course I wasn't taking the email serious. Move forward from what
exactly?
I havnt heard back from him yet.

> Sure, this is where our patience is stretched, but it also puts us in the
> situation to prove that we're able to deal also with this kind of
> reaction in
> a friendly way.
>
>> one thing, how did you verify that the complaint was genuine?
>
> He assumed it since there was no evidence that it was not genuine.
If you can't handle something minor like this, where is your patience with
something of significance?