List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: KDE BUG SYSTEM
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-23 11:31:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 05:12:41 Chris Fordham wrote:
> i guess thats your opinion

It also happens to be how we generally work: We are friendly and patient. Your
reaction, while seemingly coming from a KDE webmaster was inappropriate, not
only by my personal opinion, but also by standards we handle for a long time.

> im not sure how this gives linux a bad name, by having a sense of humour,
> but i guess your're entitled to think so

I don't see the humour in that. Humour happens to be very culturally
dependent, so we should be careful with that. You're just not taking the
person who emailed serious, and your email did nothing to move forward with
this unfortunate case. In those cases, it's often better to say nothing.

Sure, this is where our patience is stretched, but it also puts us in the
situation to prove that we're able to deal also with this kind of reaction in
a friendly way.

> one thing, how did you verify that the complaint was genuine?

He assumed it since there was no evidence that it was not genuine.
--
sebas