List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: List for comments on the Dot?
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-13 12:54:14

On Sunday 13 April 2008 02:12:31 Kyle Cunningham wrote:
> > In what sense, Kyle? Styling, code, .. maybe. Content, no.
>
> In the styling and code sense.  I think that dot.kde.org is falling far
> behind the times, which isn't that good.  For instance,

This is a topic that is brought up occasionally with the Dot owners (I guess
that's Navin, don't know who else). I know danimo and sebas have been working
towards *something*, including Oxygen type styling. So it's probably a good
idea to talk to them first [CC'ed].

> I was able to mostly recreate the dot in about an hour
> (http://codeincarnate.com/dot/).  KDE is aiming to cool and new things
> with the Unix desktop (along with Windows and Mac OSX), but I imagine
> that if people were to see the dot they would think that task was
> impossible.  I think that would be very beneficial for the dot to get
> some renovation.

Well, I think I agree with all of that.

This list is mostly for the KDE websites that live in KDE SVN, but it wouldn't
hurt to to Dot styling discussions here. I don't really know where else they
would sensibly live.

[ade]