List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Broken Image Links
From:       Rainer Endres <endres () physos ! org>
Date:       2007-06-24 8:10:10

Hi

Am Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2007 21:27:00 schrieb rick@geekhome.net:
> Broken Image Links
>
> The image links for "the K icon button" are broken in
>   "An Introduction to KDE", found at:
>   http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/quickstart/
>
> specifically in the pages:
>
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/quickstart/an-overv
>iew-of-kde.html
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/quickstart/ready-se
>t-go.html
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/quickstart/launchin
>g-applications.html (2 instances)
>
> In a quick scan of all the linked pages, I could find no cases
> where the icon image was displayed.
>
> I believe the image address that isn't working is:
>
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/quickstart/common/k
>menu.png
>
> Will this be fixed, or is it an annoyance I must apologize for
> to my students?

This will get fixed. I am missing a link to the common image
directory and I have to find out why. The documentation is
generated automatically and either I overlooked something in the
scripts which now broke, or the changes in the documentation
structure where not nice to my scripts.

Please be aware docs.kde.org has to undergo some major
maintenance during the next weeks, addressing the changes in
preparation of the KDE4 release later this year. The service may
be not what one expects.

One question out of curiosity though. Your students? You are
teaching about KDE? Nice to hear about this. I would be glad to
hear about your experiences in teaching about KDE, and where we
may be able to help you in this.

Our manpower is very limited as in all big OpenSource projects
driven by volunteers, but I would really love to help people
teaching KDE to others and hear their experiences.

	Rainer Endres