List:       kde-www
Subject:    New website layout, left-out sites
From:       Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-03 13:28:22

Hi!

Sorry for not being able to reply to emails earlier. I am currently traveling until \
Monday.

Let me assure all of you that I have not left out any sites because I felt them to be \
"unimportant" or so. The reason we did not immediately change over some of the \
subsites was simply that they cointain very large tables or very large images, which \
break the new layout on Internet Explorer.

I did not want to break other people's websites, and I did not want to change content \
maintained by someone else, so I added a (too brief, I admit) explanation to ther \
annoucnement email.

The new layout was discussed on kde-www and kde-www-devel several times, so it should \
not have been a surprise to anyone.

It is also unfair to compare it with a fixed size layout, as I spend several hours to \
make the new design fully accessible and scalable with increasing font sizes.

People who wish to use their own website design need to do these accessibility checks \
themselves as explained on http://accessibility.kde.org/reports/websites.php (which \
needs to be updated now that we are moving to the new layout).

Olaf.