List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: thanking for sponsorship
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-21 23:58:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 21 May 2006 19:09, Marcos Fouces wrote:
> El Domingo, 21 de Mayo de 2006 03:28, Cristian Tibirna escribió:
> > Hello
> >
> > Please consider adding this little note to the
> > http://kde.org/support/thanks.php page. Logo in attachment. I could do
> > this myself (I still have the commit rights, I think) but I prefer to use
> > the accepted method of work, so that I don't step on any toes ;-)
>
> I have some reservations about adding links to every sponsor no matter the
> amount of help it gives to KDE.

Ah! It should be a bit clearer what is acceptable for the thanks page and what
not. I obtained two laptops and a wall projector for 2 conference days
because I promissed to display small posters with that company's logo in the
booth _and_ have its logo listed in thanks.php. If I knew there were some
strict rules (?), I would have paid more attention to what I bargain for.

Please be aware that getting any kind of sponsorship in NorthAmerica is quite
an event. This is not Europe. We _have_ to be grateful. We should encourage
sponsorship here, otherwise we won't be able to represent KDE for long, with
only Aaron being paid for it and no budget, no sponsors, no nothing.

I would be very thankful if you would add the little tidbit I submitted. At
least for, say, 30 days, then remove it, if not possible otherwise. A refusal
will make my position difficult.

Speaking of unknown rules, please be aware that in that thanks.php list there
are quite a few links that point to nothing or even to unexpected sites. I
was aware of this for quite some time but didn't manage to get the time
needed for asking the questions around and doing the cleanup. The most
notable faults are "rebel.com" (points to a registrar) and kai.com (points to
intel's compiler pages). Such links should be at least deactivated (if not
have the whole ad moved to a new section/page "past sponsors" or something).

> Keep in mind that kde.org is a PR8 site.

What is PR8?

Thank you.

--
Cristian Tibirna