List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: I am willing to sort out Kde.org
From:       Adam Tulinius <adam () hackersbay ! org>
Date:       2006-04-18 13:45:55

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 15:30, Mr Bulldog wrote:
> Having a content management system would be a lot better, I'll rasie some
> points.
>

>    - Easier to manage pages, smaller websites
>    - Can use a WYISWYG editor, make it easier for people who might not
>    want to use web programs such as quanta or nvu
people access the pages with svn. i don't think they need quanta or anything
like that.
>    - Better link and system navigation
>    - Better News and Feed usage

>    - Can have modules on pages, that extend functionaility much further
>    without needing more development
>    - Can have registered users if needs be.
>    - Can use databases, to store data, instead of having seperate pages
>    - Very modular and tidy infastrcture  which will have security
>    updates.

yes, but the system will be more vulnerable than now. a site using a
CMS-system is more likely to be hacked/cracked, than one that uses it's own
software.

> +We have got a system that can be easily hacked for our needs, and once set
> up can easily be applied to smaller sub sites.  Spreadkde uses drupal,
> oxygen uses wordpress. Even if it is a simple on it would help a lot.
>
> Having a cms run, a large website is quite important, as how many sections
> are there for kde related stuff. Compare it to gnome.org, they hardly have
> as much, fair enough having custom made pages or system is suited for them.

Yes, but a CMS will be slower than more or less static pages. that has to be
taken into custody too - it could result in the need of a faster server.

> Can you think on about this?
>
> Luke Parry

Adam Tulinius