List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Request to have KDE Forum link back
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-17 9:21:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 16 March 2006 22:33, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Chris Howells <howells@kde.org> wrote:
> > Navindra Umanee wrote:
> > > Hasn't the owner agreed to transfer the domain to KDE e.V.?  When will
> > > this be done?  I would rather we not support a site that is trying to
> >
> > Read your archives of kde-ev-membership and you will find out. I'm sure
> > this was explained to you a few weeks ago.
>
> What was "explained"?  We "discussed".  There was no "decision"
> either.  As far as I can tell Adrian more or less agrees with me.
> Please don't attempt to sweep the matter under the rug by making
> patronising statements.
>
> > > artificially increase Google Page Rank of unrelated sites without some
> > > guarantees such as KDE e.V. owning the domain.
> >
> > Any site is arguably doing that, and there are many not owned by KDE
> > e.V. including kde.org itself.
>
> If we have reason to believe that the site owner is not honest, as we
> do in this case, we should not support their shady business.

The owner has been cooperative, and has done anything we asked for. Transfer
of the domains is still pending, but given his positive attitude during the
last weeks, I suppose it's not a problem.

If it puts any weight into the equasion, I'd vote in favor of adding a link to
kde-forums.
--
sebas

 http://www.kde.nl | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9