List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.4 Snapshots Badly Broken on Windows
From:       luci aka Lukas Masek <luci () ground ! cz>
Date:       2006-02-27 20:51:15

Andreas Pour wrote:

> I am viewing the KDE 3.4 and 3.3 screenshots on the website (e.g.,
> http://www.kde.org/screenshots/kde340shots.php), and the images are
> rendered terribly on MS Windows XP / Firefox - the fonts are all
> messed up.  I am attaching a snapshot of what I mean.  The problem
> occurs in the scaling - if you don't have the same screensize the
> image is scaled down.  Since many people will view the screenshots in
> a smaller window than the entire screen, why not use a smaller image?
It's standard Firefox feature and you can see the unscaled (original)
size by clicking on the image... Smaller images would require smaller
screen resolution while taking the screenshots, otherwise after resizing
(resampling) the image is usually not so sharp as original.

luci
--
luciash d' being aka luci alias Lukas Masek