List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: SVN timing
From:       Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-30 19:50:35

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:36:40 +0200, Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 30 März 2005 17:06 schrieb Olaf Schmidt:
> > [Stephan Kulow, Mittwoch, 30. März 2005 17:13]

> > Another problem is that the kde-www list was never informed about the
> > moving date, so no one was able to respond apart from the people who also
> > happen to read kde-core-devel.
> kde-core-devel is _the_ mailing list where things are decided. But I would
> have notified kde-cvs-announce and you would have known.

So are all CVS/SVN users supposed to subscribe to kde-cvs-announce? I
was just going on my on merry way with the knwoledge that a conversion
to SVN was coming along sometime soon but it would be announced ahead
of time so I wasn't going to worry about it until the announcement.
Just seems I missed the announcement as I wasn't reading the right
lists.

Moving on though does anyone know if you need to blow away your local
CVS checkout and then replace it with an SVN checkout or what? I
finally found the SVN howto on the wiki (could it be any harder to
locate?):

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Subversion+HOWTO

But that doesn't mention anything about already checked out CVS stuff.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org