List:       kde-www
Subject:    Fwd: [OT] KDE home page, HTML and CSS validation fail
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2005-03-29 10:36:50

Subject: [OT] KDE home page, HTML and CSS validation fail
Date: Tuesday 29 March 2005 10:15
From: Federico Zenith <zenith@chemeng.ntnu.no>
To: kde-i18n-doc@kde.org

Hi all,
sorry for the offtopic, but I have already tried to contact the KDE.org
webmaster without success, and I suppose I can find more people who know the
guys managing the home page here.

In short, the kde.org home page does not validate. There is a </center> tag
that should not be there.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kde.org%2F

Until this is fixed, it is not possible to validate the CSS directly, but on
the Italian i18n home page we use the same stylesheets as the main page, and
these do not validate either:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator/?uri=http%3A//kde.gulp.linux.it/

I for one think that HTML and CSS compliance would be a Good Thing.

Cheers,
-Federico