List:       kde-www
Subject:    webteam.kde.org Preview
From:       Marcos Fouces <mfouces () yahoo ! es>
Date:       2005-03-29 0:21:57

On Monday 28 March 2005 21:09, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> > Perhaps something like webteam.kde.org would be adecuate. I recently
> > started to patch some quality.kde.org pages in order t allow
> > translations, but i wasn't able to discover who is coordinating the
> > webteam (if any).
>
> I don't know if it really needs a subdomain, it would be a handful of pages
> max

Oh, it was just an example, but webteam.kde.org sounds better :-)

> > - Who is the maintainer of each site (a previous clasification is
> > mandatory ;-)
>
> Good idea. :) What do you mean by a  previous classification though?

It could be by subdomains (quality, artists, women...) or whatever. The point
is splitting the work. Each group should have an official maintainer. Of
course, someone could maintain several groups.

> > Anyway, i'll be glad to help.
>
> Help is always welcomed so if you have an idea and want to fast track
> it instead of just proposing it then you can always check out the
> source, implement your idea locally and then either provide
> screenshots of it or put it somewhere publically accessible for people
> to look at. That way it is easier for people to see what you mean and
> is also quicker to implement as you've already done the work. :)
> Although of course you wouldn't want to spend a long time on something
> that people might not agree on like a complete redesign before
> discussing it a little.

The very first alfa version of the web is here:

http://213.60.34.14/kde/

Send me suggestions, criticism (constructive, i'm just a newbie ;-)), ideas,
patches, useful stuff or whatever.

If you like the idea i would start coding it into the PHP framework during the
next week end.

Greetings from Spain.