List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: private wiki access
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2005-03-02 18:10:17

Stephan Binner <binner@kde.org> wrote:
> > In the meantime if you need private access to the wiki, please drop me
>
> What new perversion of a running and public available Wiki is that? Is it

I am sorry.  You are not going to get away with this.  I reproduce the
following email below that I wrote to the editors list yesterday.  I
do this:

1) To clarify the dot/wiki situation for others here.  The line has
   been drawn and Luci, the wiki admin and maintainer agrees with me on
   this course of action.  Both KDE Dot News and KDE Wiki will be better
   for this.

2) To try to get some message to you that you refuse to accept.  I
   am a patient and reasonable guy.  I have never asked for an apology
   from you before and I never will.  However, I refuse to put up with
   your constant rudeness and insults.  I don't care if you are the King
   of KDE or not.  If you have to be the first person in 10 years who
   ends up in my kill-file, you will be.

   I have received at least 2 private email messages from other
   people, one of which you were CC'ed on, that reassures me that I am
   not the only one who feels this way.

I quote the few lines of text you wrote in the following email through
fair use and to give some context.  Apologies for the strong language,
anyone who knows me well knows this is not my typical language or
mood.

Stephan Binner <binner@kde.org> wrote:
> > but for now wiki service remains disabled.
>
> This is unacceptable. You take important information offline, you disturb
> people's workflow. Taking Wiki offline because of admin inco^h^hactivity
> is no solution.

Hey fuck you.  I wasn't sure if you were being rude to me or not from
the last email, but I'm just about fed up with you.

When the last time I asked for admin help to oversee the wiki all I
got was one guy who completely fucked up the server and took down the
dot.  I spent many hours fixing this.  What other help was offered?

The server is now serving its primary function to host KDE Dot News,
which hosts the frontpage news for KDE.org.  It is currently doing
that fine, the server is configured fine and being monitored, and the
situation will be improved in the long term.  I will take care of KDE
Dot News.  This is what I have pledged.

There is not enough help or resources to run Wiki/PHP/MySQL alongside
it on this server, which has taken down KDE Dot News on more than one
occasion and caused me flames and insults from people like you.  This
is the situation that is UNACCEPTABLE.  I will not sit back and take
your FLAMES for nothing.

Luci/Torsten are looking for a new host and hopefully admin for the
wiki.  If you want to be helpful, FIND ONE, go help organize a rally
for the Wiki if it is so important to people out there..  Or else,
SHUT UP.

Thanks,
Navin.