List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: kde.org design online
From:       "Christoph Cullmann" <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-02-25 12:40:04

<zitiere wer="Chris Howells">
> On Thursday 24 February 2005 21:18, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
>> hi,
>> yes, it's out.
>
> People complained that we cloned MS.com (which I didn't agree with), now
> the
> header bears quite a bit of resembalance to GNOME.org.
? because it has a logo in the left?, yes, that looks similar, but  the
whole page layout is not anything close to gnome, and even if, who cares?

> Can we please kill off the text shadow? As someone else already said, it
> looks
> horrid. Also I think the title bar needs to be !blue or at least a
> different
> shade of blue -- the continuous blue on the page is overloading my eyes.
>
> The previous design had a nice logo and different colours at the top to
> break
> it up.
that's valid, the color of the top bar really needs some tweaking, perhaps
some about: like background could be added

> Work definitely needs to be done also to reduce the number of links and
> information on the kde.org main page -- for instance linking to the KDE
> 3.4
> requirements page seems to be fairly useless. If people want to download
> it
> they will have to click on a link anyway and I doubt the number of people
> that actually check dependencies before download is very high (1 maybe?).
I think this part is the core of the page, why thin that out? I think the
overfull menus are more overloading than the content

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team