List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: kde.org design online
From:       Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-24 21:54:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Christoph Cullmann, Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2005 22:18]
> yes, it's not final, but ... it's still 10 times nicer than old ;)

The subdomains are still using the old layout. Does anyone know why?
I think that doing a consistent move would be better.

http://quality.kde.org/ is broken, btw.

For subdomains it would be nice to have the possibility to have a custom
logo on the _right_ side in addition to the KDE logo on the left. This
means that the links would need to move a bit to the left. Would that be
difficult to implement?

I saw that you removed all the alternate style sheets, including the
accessibility one. I will look into the accessibility style sheets
tomorrow. Are a lot of changes needed to make "Black on White" work
again?

> I will try to make it more nice CSS instead of tables css mix, like the
> old

If you plan to do bigger changes, then please test that navigation of
kde.org with lynx etc. is still as easy as it is currently. And it would
probably be good to test the new html/css code works with older versions
of Konqueror (version 3.0). Maybe someone has an old Knoppix lying
around?

BTW, all the accessibility functionality is broken on developer.kde.org.
Would it be a lot of work to use the main PHP code for the developers
corner so that we only need to maintain one solution?

In any case, I think that once we are ready with the new layout, we should
really try to make sure that almost all subdomains of KDE.org use either
the same code or a very similar layout. And those that use different code
should at least use the new logo and provide all the accesskeys defined
in http://kde.org/media/accesskeys.php

Olaf

--
KDE Accessibility Project