List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: kde.org design online
From:       Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-02-24 21:35:11

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:18:51 +0100, Christoph Cullmann
<cullmann@babylon2k.de> wrote:
> hi,
> yes, it's out.
> yes, it's not final, but ... it's still 10 times nicer than old ;)
> who has enough karma, feel free to tweak the css stuff, colors or rendering
> for IE, beside this, I will try to make it more nice CSS instead of tables
> css mix, like the old

Was this being discussed anywhere else other than on the kde-www mailing list?

While yes I agree the new design is looking better there is still
changes to it that we were discussing that needed to be done and doing
incremental changes like that on a website is just a bad idea, we
still have some time before 3.4 ships so it would have been nice to
hold off, tweak the design some more and then launch it along with 3.4
but now the cat has been let out of the bag...

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org