List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: maintaining artist.kde.org (Re: Kollaboration)
From:       David Legg <david () actuaria ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-01-30 17:19:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:53:15, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> David hasn't been around much, away on courses and all that, but he is
> the new volunteer to maintain a secure PHP installation on the server.
> Unfortunately there are some upgrade issues...  Ark Linux only
> supports PHP5 (wiki is on PHP4) and there seem to be some dependencies
> on Python2 (Zope is on Python1).

Hi All,

Yes apologies all, but I'm back now. I now have a decent clear week to have a
look at this running into next weekend.

Yes, the server does need upgraded to PHP 5.0 - it's just delaying the
inevitable if it isn't really, so 4.x will be going the journey completely. I
have run into some package issues with it which I can't totally fathom at the
moment, so I'll be frequenting the Ark Linux forums and mailing lists as well
as polishing my knowledge of apt after years of Gentoo and Portage usage.

Bear with me while I overcome this and I'll try and keep everyone posted over
the next week or so.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

David