List:       kde-www
Subject:    Fwd: Website Correction Request from palmOne
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-28 20:07:38

Hi Adriaan, Lauri,

Is this a great new marketing plan from Pal^H^H^HpalmOne or what! :-)

Cheers,
Waldo

Subject: Website Correction Request from palmOne
Date: Wednesday 28 July 2004 19:22
From: "Cooper Marcus" <Cooper.Marcus@palmone.com>
To: webmaster@ktown.kde.org

(Please accept my apologies if you have already received this message - if
 you have, this is an unavoidable duplicate and not a request for additional
 corrections)

Website Correction Request from palmOne

Hello Webmaster,

I'm writing to request some updates on your website
http://docs.kde.org/de/HEAD/kdepim/kpilot/hotsync.html .
As you may know, palmOne, not Palm, is now the name of the company that
 manufactures handhelds, and palmOne has acquired Handspring (the originator
 of Treo smartphones).

With these changes, there have been URL changes - http://www.palmone.com/us/
 is now the home page for palmOne, http://www.handspring.com/ is now
 http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/, and the palmOne store is
 now at http://store.palmone.com/

There are links on your site that point to old URLs. I'd like to request that
 you search and replace the code of your entire site to make the following
 corrections: * URLs that started with http://www.palm.com/ now start with
 http://www.palmone.com/us/ * URLs that started with
 http://www.handspring.com/ now start with
 http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/ * URLs that started with
 http://store.palm.com/ now start with http://store.palmone.com/

I am not requesting that you update the displayed text on your site, only
 that you update the URLs in your HTML code. This change will make it easier
 for your visitors to find the information you are referring them to, thus
 improving your site.

In addition, I suggest you no longer use the Handspring brand name - this
 brand has been replaced by Treo smartphones. Similarly, the Palm brand name
 is no longer used - please use palmOne when referring to PalmOS hardware.
 Please note these changes going forward.

Thanks so much for your assistance in this matter. Do let me know if I can
 answer any questions.

Cooper Marcus

palmOne
cooper.marcus@palmone.com
408-503-3201

bastian@kde.org  |   KDE Community World Summit 2004  |  bastian@suse.com
bastian@kde.org  | 21-29 August, Ludwigsburg, Germany |  bastian@suse.com

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Website Correction Request from palmOne</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=2>(Please accept my apologies if you have already received this message \
- if you have, this is an unavoidable duplicate and not a request for additional \
corrections)<BR> <BR>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>
<BR>
Website Correction Request from palmOne<BR>
<BR>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>
<BR>
Hello Webmaster,<BR>
<BR>
I'm writing to request some updates on your website<BR>
<A HREF="http://docs.kde.org/de/HEAD/kdepim/kpilot/hotsync.html">http://docs.kde.org/de/HEAD/kdepim/kpilot/hotsync.html</A> \
.<BR> As you may know, palmOne, not Palm, is now the name of the company that \
manufactures handhelds, and palmOne has acquired Handspring (the originator of Treo \
smartphones).<BR> <BR>
With these changes, there have been URL changes - <A \
HREF="http://www.palmone.com/us/">http://www.palmone.com/us/</A> is now the home page \
for palmOne, <A HREF="http://www.handspring.com/">http://www.handspring.com/</A> is \
now <A HREF="http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/">http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/</A>, \
and the palmOne store is now at <A \
HREF="http://store.palmone.com/">http://store.palmone.com/</A><BR> <BR>
There are links on your site that point to old URLs. I'd like to request that you \
search and replace the code of your entire site to make the following \
                corrections:<BR>
* URLs that started with <A HREF="http://www.palm.com/">http://www.palm.com/</A> now \
                start with <A \
                HREF="http://www.palmone.com/us/">http://www.palmone.com/us/</A><BR>
* URLs that started with <A \
HREF="http://www.handspring.com/">http://www.handspring.com/</A> now start with <A \
HREF="http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/">http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/</A><BR>

* URLs that started with <A HREF="http://store.palm.com/">http://store.palm.com/</A> \
now start with <A HREF="http://store.palmone.com/">http://store.palmone.com/</A><BR> \
<BR> I am not requesting that you update the displayed text on your site, only that \
you update the URLs in your HTML code. This change will make it easier for your \
visitors to find the information you are referring them to, thus improving your \
site.<BR> <BR>
In addition, I suggest you no longer use the Handspring brand name - this brand has \
been replaced by Treo smartphones. Similarly, the Palm brand name is no longer used - \
please use palmOne when referring to PalmOS hardware. Please note these changes going \
forward.<BR> <BR>
Thanks so much for your assistance in this matter. Do let me know if I can answer any \
questions.<BR> <BR>
<BR>
Cooper Marcus<BR>
<BR>