List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: wiki
From:       Christian Mueller <cmueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-03-29 19:25:18

Hello Anne-Marie,

I read this thread only now...

Am Montag 29 März 2004 19:06 schrieb Anne-Marie Mahfouf:
> Hi,
>
> > Within one and a half day? I wouldn't worry already.
>
> as I said, these issues have been already addressed by other people.
>
> > > 1) Is Luci alone to manage the wiki or is there someone else helping?
> >
> > Christian Mueller has afaik admin rights in the wiki interface.
>
> ok, what does he think of all my points?

First of all, I don't have admin rights.  I belong to a group that
luci would call "guards".  I have rights to clean out offensive stuff
from the shoutbox, ban people if they deface the site or roll back
pages after a defacement (already happened several times).

Right now he's indeed on vacation and cannot read his emails.
He'll be back in less than a week.

He asked me to have an occasional eye on the site.  But I cannot
change the standard CSS for example.   This will have to wait until
he's back.  If there's an emergency that requires admin intervention
we're to contact Navindra.

Regarding #1:
It renders alright here if I maximize the konqi window,
but I guess I see what you mean:  If I don't then
some of the content is shifted into the right menu...

Regarding #2:
I'll let luci comment on that.  IMHO this can wait a week.

> > > 4) issue #3: in konqueror you cannot modify a webpage, it does not want
> > > to be saved. You have to edit a wiki page in Mozilla or Opera.
> >
> > That's wrong. I have no problem editing pages with Konqueror. Allow
> > cookies.
> I have cookies enabled. At least 2 other people have had this problem.
> Please see
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-quality/2004-March/000412.html

I can only speak for myself.  I have seen some misrenderings, especially
some edit fields were too wide.  But I never had this kind of problem
saving stuff (I'm running konqi from 3.2 branch >= 20040204)...

I tried to reproduce this problem but it didn't happen.
I'm afraid there's not much I can do right now
(even if I had the admin rights).

What version are you running?

Regarding #5:
The fonts look ok here.  Hmmm.

Do you think any of these issues have to be solved this week?

Christian.