List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: advert on webcvs
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2004-02-24 22:08:39

Harri Porten <porten@froglogic.com> wrote:
> > Hey this is fantastic.  Tink recently complained of how troublesome it
> > was for her to host the People Behind KDE interviews on kde.org.
>
> >From what I remember it was her explicit personal *wish* to not host this
> series under kde.org ;)

Only because of interference from KDE e.V. (or some of its members) if
I recall correctly.  Otherwise without the interference, she would
have been happy to host it there.

> > Personally, I'm sick of all these "issues" with hosting stuff on
> > kde.org.  While I hate ads and want them to go away, I think turning
> > away stuff like the KDE Wiki, KDE Blog, People Behind KDE interviews
> > is pathetic.
>
> Well, similar to KDE applications having a unified look&feel it's not far
> fetched to seek for consistency among KDE web pages as well.

This is a sad excuse indeed to turn away KDE Wiki, KDE Blog and People
Behind KDE!  KDE should really lighten up about that.

CHeers,
Navin.