List:       kde-www
Subject:    South African mirrors
From:       Jan Henkins <jan () henkins ! za ! net>
Date:       2004-01-21 22:00:11

Hi there,

Just an observation:

Your "http://download.kde.org/download.php" page lists the following site as
mirrors for South Africa (KDE unstable):

http://ftp.sun.ac.za/sites/ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/
ftp://ftp.sun.ac.za/mirrorsites/ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/

This is the University of Stellenbosch, which is in itself not a problem.
However, what is a problem is that their site is severly limited in terms of
allowed number of connections, so it is near impossible to get anything via
Konstruct. Even though it is "local" for us in South Africa, most people I
know would rather want to go to a reliable international link than not
getting code to test at all. Maybe I just tried at a busy time... :-)

Otherwise, we cannot wait for 3.2! But, we want access to the bleeding edge
stuff so we can help with bugs!

--
Regards,
Jan Henkins