List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: apps/ftp.kde.com
From:       Mat Colton <mat.colton () web-xs ! de>
Date:       2003-12-07 23:59:50

On Saturday, Dezember 6. 2003 17:33 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Saturday 06 December 2003 17:09, Martin Konold wrote:
> > This is bad and makes us dependent.
>
> That sounds very funny especially if I look at the current situation with
> apps.kde.com.

Hehe, brilliant remark.

> > > - submissions will still have to go through the regular freshmeat
> > >   contribution/review cycle.
> >
> > This does not offer us much flexibility.
>
> It provides Quality control and much less work for us.

Very true.

> > We must have some say with regards to all contents (so that we are
> > allowed to migrate away later taking _all_ contents with us) and also we
> > need some say with regards to the branding/advertizing.
>
> Well, as I said they give us the templates. I agree about the advertising
> point but its very hard to find only kde-friendly ads especially when all
> the big players favor, advertise and use GNOME.

What is all this GNOME talk about???
Look at the web, you'll find loads of sites with reports and tests of IBM
products and M$ advertisement and vice versa. Look at mags such as c't, same
thing. So what... Honestly, this is not at all an argument IMHO.
If other ppl prefer GNOME, fine, I don't. GNOME is not a project to be ashamed
of, nor is KDE of course. To be honest I am somewhat astonished to hear a
statement like that from you. But maybe I just didn't get the point. :)
--
Bye,
Mat