List:       kde-women
Subject:    Re: Re: [Kde-women]Design Tutorial
From:       Fiona Poorman <fionapoorman () web ! de>
Date:       2002-06-25 10:01:59

Hello Anne-Marie,

Thank you very much for your offer to send me the French translation of your tutorial \
as an attachment. However, Andrea had already sent it to me and the unpacking worked \
fine. As I wrote Andrea, the reason I wanted her French translation was that I myself \
am working on a German translation and I was interested in knowing which format she \
used and how she handled those English words for which there is no equivalent in \
other languages.

I think that your tutorial is really an excellent piece of work! In getting started \
with kdevelop/Qt, I of course first looked at the hand books and the tutorials in \
them. For a beginner (i.e. for me) they were more confusing than useful. What I \
needed was a cook book approach and that was exactly what your tutorial is. Also I \
looked at "The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Kdevelop" but that was hopelessly out of \
date.

My only real complaint is that your tutorial was so difficult to find hidden away in \
the bowels of the vast internet somewhere. Even after finally arriving at the KDE \
Women's home page there was no mention of tutorials. I had to search through the \
different items to find it. In my opinion tutorials should be an item on your home \
page and there should be a direct link from the Kdevelop home page to your tutorials!

At the Linux convention in Karlsruhe Germany several weeks ago, Ralf Nolden mentioned \
that there are 700 developers on the KDE team and they are soliciting more all the \
time. After going to all the trouble to provide such an superb introduction to \
beginning KDE development, I think all the new people joining the team should be able \
to find such tools without obstacles.

cheers,

Fiona