List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Tell me about kdevelop
From:       "Akar th'  'orrible" <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-08-20 8:58:24

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:41, Peter Nosko wrote:

Peter, I would give some credence to your views if what you said was
accurate, but you deliberately twist things around and misinform with intent
to belittle people. Almost everything I say you misrepresent and all you are
doing is taking away from my time to help people which at least is what I try
to do. My reply to Chinta was friendly and helpful contrary to your claims
that I bash newbies and it is included here in the intrests of truth. As to
VB, I have constantly said it is an *excellent* tool for its designated
purpose such as scripting MSOffice. That is what it is: a scripting
interpreter and not even you can change that. My only concern is that we dont
let newbies repeat OUR mistakes that we found when java came out, that VB
programmers could not in general unlearn what they had been taught.
	This is my final comment on the matter and my 'abusive' post belittling
newbie chinta follows:
******QUOTE*****
Oh! And I thought I was 'orrible.
Still Chinta, Klaus makes some valid points, if you want to learn you have to
help yourself, your enthusiasm is commendable but you need to back it up with
looking,playing,experimenting, always the best way.

Kdevelop is a great tool for learning c++ programming and about kde and qt
because it integrates all the docs so well. Some you have to download and
install separately. There are tutorials for kde and qt as well as examples
and references.

Have a play with it and read those things, it will be a little harder than
visual basic mainly because you will have to relearn some things to do them
the right way and that is always harder than learning from scratch.
Andrew