List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Regarding Offline Browsing
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2001-08-10 0:07:13

Hi,

KDE 2.2, in the addons package, there is a "webarchiver" plugin for
Konqueror, which will download a page and all images.

If you want to download an entire site, you can use "wget", which comes
with almost all distros.  You use a command like:

  wget [URL] -N -r -nH --no-parent -l0

of if you don't want to do that each time, write a script
/usr/local/bin/wget.sh:

--------------------------------- Cut --------------------
#!/bin/bash

if test $# -eq 1 ; then
  DIR="$HOME/downloads"
  if ! test -d "$DIR" ; then
    if ! mkdir "$DIR" ; then
      echo "ERROR:  could not create $DIR"
      exit 1
    fi
  fi
  cd "$DIR"
  wget "$1" -N -r -nH --no-parent -l0
else
  echo "Usage:  `basename "$0"` URL"
  exit 1
fi
exit 0

but you might read the "man:wget" page.  Then create a desktop file
which has an Exec or Mimetype line like:

Exec=wget.sh %u
Mimetype=text/html

and then you should be able to right-click on a link, select the wget.sh
entry and download the directory (not tested).  After that you can
browse to $HOME/downloads and see what was retrieved.

Ciao,

Dre