List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: help
From:       John Hunt <jrhunt () iee ! org>
Date:       2001-07-31 17:30:04

Subodh

On Sun 29 Jul 2001 14:21, Subodh wrote:
>(snip)
> I am having trouble in two of the kde packages.
>
> 1.. kpackage utility closes itself the moment i click file details tab on
> the right side. i installed it separately from RH7.0 second CD as it was
> not installed while my normal RH 7.0 installation. although it was so in
> Mandrake 6.0 where it was working fine.
>(snip)
> Pleazze help me.
>
> ..... Subodh

Take a look at the list archives, at a thread entitled "kpackage broken after
KDE2.1.1 upgrade", around 30 June.  It's not the same problem you report, but
I am now able to run kpackage 2.1.1 in RH 7.0, and the thread may help you.

Thinking back some months, I think I did have exactly your problem with
kpackage, and was fixed in RH 7.0 (with KDE 1) from a Red Hat update CD.  If
you are still on KDE 1, get updated!  KDE 2.1 is much better.

...John

-
John Hunt
Stokesley, N Yorks, UK