List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KOffice Review: KWord
From:       Michael Leone <turgon () mike-leone ! com>
Date:       2001-07-07 15:36:34

On 07 Jul 2001 15:24:15 +0000, Kent Nguyen wrote:
> > I leave out the .WMF and the handling of HTML files by a word processing
> > program because - in my experience as an MS Office support person - they
> > get used much more rarely than the others.
>
> Is there a way that you can send an email to upper management to look into
> KOffice.  Even though it may not satisfy all the Microsoft Word users, but
> certainly it does satisfy a good population (me included).  Perhaps your
> company may look at the opportunity cost, and decide to invest time and money
> into making KOffice better.

My company is an insurance company, not a software company, so no, I
don't think they'll invest time and money into making KOffice better.
<G>

Besides, they're happy using MS Word - it does what they want, and it
comes pre-installed when they buy a PC. And we can script it enough to
have our terminal emulator program do an "automatic" mail merge of data
from our Pick OS to the locally installed copy of Word, and have claim
checks printed by just choosing an option on a non-graphical Unix menu.

Which is pretty slick, actually. :-)

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>    ICQ: 50453890

Pysche closed for renovations.