List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: XftConfig versus XFree86Config
From:       "akar 'th 'orrible" <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-06-30 23:06:03

Files in XftConfig are just for the freetype font server and AA rendering.
So you only list TT and Type 1 fonts here. All Bitmap fonts directories need
to be listed in XF86Config.  It may well be that listing TT and Type 1
directories in XF86Config  is redundant as Xfree4 should be using the
freetype server even with AA turned off.
Suck it and see as they say.
Andrew