List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: How do you set up KDE system menu and panel options?
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2001-06-10 18:28:27

$KDEDIR can be set in a number of places, depending on your system setup.
If you're using Bash as your shell then you can set KDEDIR (or your
distribution's equivalent) in the .bash_profile file in your home directory
(note the 'dot' at the start of that filename).

A couple of lines like the following will suffice:

KDEDIR=/enter/your/path/to/kde/here
export KDEDIR

I personally use a local copy of KDE on a hacked-to-death RedHat
distribution, so don't presume that the above will work for you, it's just an
example. A common place to have a global KDEDIR would be in the file
/etc/profile. You'll have to log in as root if you need to amend this file.

If you still have problems, can you remind the list of what Linux
distribution you're using (name and version), what version of KDE/Qt you're
using and whether you installed from source, RPMs etc.

See ya.
Cheers,
Sean

On Sunday 10 June 2001  5:25 pm, RBE wrote:

--
Sean McGlynn
sean@tmiau.com