List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Memory Leaks ?
From:       Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard () jasongeo ! com>
Date:       2001-05-21 15:05:58

* NightFlight <nf@ecwh.dhs.org> (Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:51:03AM -0400)
> On Monday 21 May 2001 09:30, David E. Fox wrote:
> > > on startup the Xserver uses about 130M of memory (orso).
> > > BUt memory usage keeps growing, until about 700M at which point my system
> > > (256M ram, 512M swapspace) needs an X restart.
> >
> > I've never seen memory usages that high. My X server process is using about
> > 50 megs (VSZ) / 20 megs or so resident. I've only got 1/2 the video memory
> > you have. Still, that seems far too excessive.
>
> 9417 root       1   0  167M 167M  2136 R       0  1.1 44.2 273:07 X

  788 root      12   0  289M 261M  3304 S     1.7 105.0  20:49 X

> If those are hours X has been running, mine has been up for 11 days and has
> grown to 167M.

CPU seconds (or minutes and seconds).
Mine's at 20:47, and I installed the latest NVidia kernel modules about 4
hours ago (including a reboot of my system).

And bloat is slowly bloating.

> --
> Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels
> start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and
> then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the
> music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.

Tried that, didn't help either.

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone +31-10.280.1515
Global Technical Support                        Fax   +31-10.280.1511

gdenhollander@jasongeo.com                          POBox 1573
visit us at http://www.jasongeo.com                 3000 BN Rotterdam
JASON.......#1 in Reservoir Characterization        The Netherlands

      This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
  addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
       If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
         disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
      If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
           immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.