List:       kde-user
Subject:    nic and modem -- using both?
From:       dep <dennispowell () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-05-18 0:40:44

there is probably an embarrassingly easy answer to this, but i
haven't found it yet.

with my notebook machine at home, i use a pcmcia nic to hook up to
the lan and therefore the world via the cable modem. but now i'm
about to go on the road for a couple of weeks, and would like to use
the pcmcia modem instead. no problem getting it recognized or getting
it to dial with kppp, but once the connection is made, the link is
never established.

i can't imagine that there's no way to keep routing information for
the nic one place, and routing information for kppp in its config
file. but my knowledge of networking is sufficiently thin that what i
can or cannot imagine isn't really pertinent.

so. is there a way to switch back and forth easily?

tia.
--
dep

there's more to history than what's in books;
that's why it took so long to happen.