List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KOnCD
From:       Tom Brinkman <tbrinkm523 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-04-28 16:23:29

On Saturday 28 April 2001 10:17 am, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a Plextor EIDE CDRW drive on hdc, set up for SCSI emulation. When
> I click on Setup in KOnCD, it does not see the drive. I saw on the bug
> list that this has been reported. Has it been fixed? Or is there a
> workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> jvb
> SuSE 7.1, KDE 2.0.1

   I use KOnCD quite a lot (koncd-0.7.1).  I get the tarball and compile
it.  Haven't had any problems or found any bugs (?).  Data, audio or ISO's,
650 and 700mb CDr's.  Even copy CD's from my CDrom.  No coasters ;)
I su to root and run KOnCD from a Xterm, even tho as user I'm a member of
the cdwriters group.
   Mandrake 7.2, KDE2.1.1, 2.4.3 kernel,  cdrecord-1.9-3mdk,
   mkisofs-1.13-3mdk,   Plextor IDE 8432, slave on 2nd IDE.

    KOnCD is the best FE for burning CD's I've ever used, any OS.
       Simple and bulletproof.
                http://www.koncd.de/
--
Tom Brinkman       tbrinkm523@earthlink.net       Galveston Bay
        Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever