List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: konqueror java trouble
From:       "akar 'th 'orrible" <trader2001 () bigpond ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-04-27 15:19:54

On Friday 27 April 2001 20:29, Henri wrote:
> Meanwhile i downgraded Qt from 2.3.0 to 2.2.4, still using KDE 2.2.1
> and Blackdowns JRE 1.3.0 RC1.
> The only sign of any Java activity I get from
> file:/usr/lib/java/JavaPluginControlPanel.html, but only if i
> deactivate java in konqueror and use the netscape-plugin from
> blackdowns JRE in KDE - have a loot at the attachment - thats the way
> it looks like - strange, isnt it? What can I do? Anybody HAD the same
> trouble?

Well it certainly shouldn't look like that. This is one of your
problems possible anyhow, because you need to have the plug in turned
off if you are using the blackdown java. You can run that applet direct
from the java/bin directory (not as a html page) and it should come up
ago. This will then allow you to tell it to use the jre and not the
plugin when called, or you can try the other way just for fun. Actually
I think part of the problem may be that to use java properly you have
to have the plugin deactivated. (I would move it OUT of the plugin
search path) and turned off in the java control app.
   The plugin would probably work well by itself but to do that you
have to tell the java control applet to use the plugin (its default)
and you have to tell konq not to use the java VM. But, and here is
where I think the other conflict might be, if you disable java in konq,
I dont think it just stops using the JVM, I think it also disable
internal kjava handling so the plugin wont work correctly.

--
Regards,

Andrew