List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Printing problem
From:       "Carl D. Blake" <carl () boeckeler ! com>
Date:       2001-04-24 18:21:38

OK.  Some more information on my printing problem.  I can print to a local
printer attached directly to the parallel port, but I cannot print to a samba
shared printer or a novell shared printer.  Any printer over the network will
not work.  All of the printers work fine when I use lpr from a command line,
but when I print from Konqueror, or KMail, or KWord it doesn't work.  I check
with lpq to see if anything gets placed in the queue and nothing ever shows
up.  It almost looks as if KDE apps don't use lpr for network connected
printers and instead attempt to print directly with ncpprint or smbprint.
Has anybody else got this to work and is there a way to make it work?