List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: SMB browsing Konqueror 2.1.1 not visiable.
From:       Shaun Jackman <sjackman () home ! com>
Date:       2001-04-24 17:53:29

On Monday 23 April 2001 23:09, Carlo Maria Laorenza wrote:
> Troy Kocher wrote:

> > > Somethings wrong with your system/compilation, You should have a
> > > Windows Share option under Network even if you dont HAVE network or
> > > Samba installed.
> > >
> > > Andrew
> >
> > If you put "smb:/machname/sharename" in the address line it will connect
> > to the win9x box.  I then created a bookmark subfolder with all my win
> > box connections.  Then I changed the properties of the SMB "Windows
> > Share" network option to point to that bookmark file.   This makes it
> > real quick & easy to connect to the Micro$oft boxex on the network.
> >
> > Troy
> > --
>
> Hy to all!
> just a remind: in the address line of Konqueror put this command:
> smb://machname/sharename    with 2 bars....
>
> Bye Carlo

I noticed the same thing after upgrading to a recent version of KDE. The
"Windows Share" item went away (still not sure where it went). To make up for
this loss I installed klisa which is a very cool local network browser. I
then added an entry to the Sidebar which pointed to lan:/ and changed the
icon to the network item. The effect being something very similar to Windows
Share is recreated.

Hope this helps,
Shaun