List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Uh-oh . . .problems with 2.1.1 (Suse 7.1)
From:       Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard () jasongeo ! com>
Date:       2001-03-30 8:10:49

* LA Walsh <law@sgi.com> (Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 06:40:02PM -0800)

> > * Terry <mrhops@soltec.net> (Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 07:53:12AM -0600)
> > > Just finished compiling support, libs and base.  Ran a quick check to make
> > > sure all is running correctly before compiling the rest of the packages.
> > > Seems to be ok except. . .the desktop and file manager modules are missing

> > Just checked (suse 7.1 RPMs)

> 	Same here:  kdm wouldn't load, kde wouldn't load:

> Mar 28 18:04:57 xena kdm[5582]: undefined symbol: styleChange__8QToolBarR6QStyle \
>                 while loading libKdmGreet.so
> Mar 28 18:05:11 xena kdm[5592]: undefined symbol: styleChange__8QToolBarR6QStyle \
> while loading libKdmGreet.so

Did you download the qt-2.3 rpms as well ?
styleChange__8QToolBarR6QStyle is  new in at 2.3.0
%echo styleChange__8QToolBarR6QStyle | c++filt
QToolBar::styleChange(QStyle &)

I already had a qt2.3 install (from source)
so I didn't bother with Suse Qt rpms.

> ---
> Also, kdepim wouldn't install -- missing prereq:
> error: failed dependencies:
> libpisock.so.3 is needed by kdepim-2.1.1-7

You need to install the pilot-link.rpm
I think there wasa README at the ftp site that said so.
(CD2 in the ap2 directory)

Hope this helps

Currently listening to: Tool - Third Eye (Live) (Salival (Mini-Boxset))

	Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	Standing above the crowd, he had a voice so strong and loud
 =`\<,			we'll miss him