List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Problems compiling kdemultimedia-2.1 from source tarball
From:       Sean M Clark <dubious () 2xtreme ! net>
Date:       2001-02-28 22:22:34

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 13:15, Philipp Lehman wrote:
> I saw you post to kde-user and I was wondering whether you
> managed to track this down?

Not yet.  Even now I'm re-trying to compile the package with no specific
switches (e.g. just "./configure ; make ").

> Here's some more information:
>
> QT was compiled with -no-g++-exceptions; kdemultimedia is
> configured with --disable-debug and --enable-final. Build
> environment:
>
> CFLAGS="-O3 -mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro -malign-functions=4"
> CXXFLAGS="-O3 -mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro -malign-functions=4"
>
> Did I miss anything which might be relevant?

Hmmm.....

I just finished recompiling with no switches.  It worked. (at least, it
compiled without errors.).

Is this, then, a bug in the Kdemultimedia package?  ("Doesn't compile
with certain switches in g++ 2.95.2"?)  Or a bug in g++ 2.95.2?

You might try removing the "-march=pentiumpro" part, do a
make distclean-recursive, and try the configure and make
again.  If that doesn't do it, try removing the -O3 [-O2 is the default
level, so you don't need to specify it.].  At least this way we might figure
out which switch caused the problem (I was compiling with -march=pentium -Os
originally).
--
"There are four billion of them, and five of us.  They have strategic air
commands, nuclear submarines, and John Wayne.  We have THIS."